Welcome Freedom Learner!
Select a lesson below to start your journey.
Improv Playbook Goal:
This stage of the Success Path Curriculum will focus on the basics and building you a solid foundation to help you excel in the future. It’ll focus on educating you in the basics of jazz theory, technique, and repertoire. How to read jazz charts, chords, symbols and play them as well!
Improv Playbook Focus Points:
- Major and Minor scales
- How to learn jazz tunes
- Triads & 7th chords
- Swingin Eighth Notes
- Learn first tune: Take The A-Train!
- Step #1 – Have You Met Miss Jones
- Step #2 – Chord Tones
- Step #3 – Scales & Chord Tones
- Step #4 – Bebop Improv
- Step #5 – Tools
- Step #6 – Voicings & Reharms
- Step #7 – Musicality & Textures